Here are 3 of the most important tips for selling beats online. Before you sign up to Soundclick and start spamming people with your beats, read these tips! These tips will save you tons of time and money!
Tip #1: Have your own website
Why should you have your own website? Having your own website opens up a world of opportunity. Unlike Soundclick, Beatstars or any other beat selling platform, it’s your website! You don’t own Soundclick.
What are the benefits of having your own website?
- It gives you a voice
- It’s your own beat store
- You can Sell T-shirts or hats
- You can have your own blog
- You can have a video gallery
- You can design your site
- You can have your own mailing list
- Promote other products/affiliate marketing
- & much more!
Click here to get your own website.
Tip 2: Brand yourself
What this basically means is, create a unique name and image for your business and establish yourself in the market. This is why having your own website comes in handy.
Here are some questions to ask yourself when building your brand:
- Who are your customers?
- What kind customers do you want to have?
- Who’s your competition?
- What’s separates you from the competition?
- What problem do you solve?
- What thoughts and feelings do you want associating with your company?
- What kind of personality will your company have?
- Why should people use your service?
- What are your brand colors?
Click here to learn more about branding.
Tip 3: Have a business plan
This basically means, have a plan for your business. You need to know how you’ll make your business a success. That’s why you create a business plan. Not having a business plan is like driving across the country with no map… You’ll get lost!
Here are some questions to ask yourself when creating a business plan:
- What products or services will you offer?
- What goals do you have for your business?
- When and how will you reach your goals?
- Who will your customers be?
- Where will you find your customers?
- How will you get sales?
- Where are you going to advertise?
Click here to learn more about creating a business plan.
These 3 tips may sound super simple, but this is where it all begins. Just because you’re selling beats doesn’t mean you don’t treat it like a business. It’s a business! We hope this helps. If you have any questions leave your comments below 🙂